Tuesday, November 16, 2010

About My Term Research Project

I'm glad that I choose YouTube as my topic because it sparks my interest. I found a lot of my information using the Baruch Database, thank god. I also found information off of Google Scholar. The databases I use to do my research include LexisNexis, Ebsco and Jstor.
I found information regarding artists and their success stories. YouTube may seem like just a video sharing website to most of the general public. With this research I learned more about the marketing aspect and the opportunity of exposure it provided for its users. With such a broad range of ages that use this website the amount of information that it spans is amazing.

I choose this topic because when I'm at home I find myself on YouTube a lot. I figured why not learn more about this site that I visit on such a frequent basis. I spend a lot of time watching Wong Fu Productions and musicians. I love music and with the abundance of genres and originals it keeps me busy.

As mentioned earlier, during my research I found that YouTube is certainley one of the best tools to use for an aspiring artist, musician, and video blogger. This site is the new medium for talents to show case their abilities. Also for videos to become viral they not only need exposure from YouTube but also other outlets such as Facebook,Twitter, and Myspace. All in all I really enjoyed working on this paper. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment