Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Advice

With all this talk about virtual worlds I wonder how the idea of having Virtual classes would be like. That would cut the travel time that it would take for commuters. Just thought it would be really fun and cool idea, however it would be too costly. At least our lungs would be saved from all the secondhand smoke from all the smokers around VC and the library buildings. I believe that if we had an online newspaper that more people would actually read it or it would be a green initiative. I have witnessed many times the stack of papers that the janitor would have to throw out because rarely does anybody pick them up. One other major problem I have with Baruch is the e-sims. I'm sure some of you students feel my pain when you're all excited that a seat is free but as soon as you try to pick it up e-sims will say that the section is closed. The website needs to be updated more often at shorter intervals. My e-mail is constantly filled with spam from Baruch or student life and i think it would be so much easier to consolidate it onto a blog. This would keep my inbox happy and students who want to read up on Baruch can just visit a blog !

1 comment:

  1. Hey John,

    I like you're ideas, just wanted to make a comment on a couple of things. One, The Ticker does have an online version, and in a strong effort to keep the printed press alive, we still have weekly newspapers in the school. Virtual classes need to be given at Baruch! I commute almost 3 hours one way to get to class. At least they should offer more online courses, it'll allow more students to take classes and clear congestion at Baruch. I also really like the idea of a Blog. It would free up a lot of email space, and can give students a chance to comment on each post made.

    ReplyDelete